Now Hiring: Office Manager
Starts as soon as possible. Interested? Email a resume to email@example.com
Qualifications and Responsibilities
The Office Administrator reports to the pastors and performs administrative tasks for the effective operation of the church. The position is 10-15 hours per week, with 3-4 days per week in the office; schedule to be negotiated. Starting pay is $20 per hour.
- Excellent word processing and desktop publishing skills using a PC
- Excellent proofreading abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to manage online calendar and database tools
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and maintain confidentiality
- Publishing: assist in preparation and printing of weekly worship bulletins; manage other desktop publishing, mailing, website (WordPress), and photocopying tasks; place advertisements in local media.
- Organization: Maintain online calendar, worship assistant schedules, and member directory; coordinate coffee fellowship with church groups.
- Staff Support: Provide office support to church staff and officers, such as payroll and music library maintenance.
- Office Administration: open and distribute mail; answer phone; interface with public and congregation; respond to church email; coordinate acquisition and maintenance of office equipment; inventory, order, and receive office and church supplies; keep office tidy.
- Facility Utilization: Schedule and manage facility use and rentals, including handling forms, keys, and deposits; liaise with potential renters.