https://flcpa.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/zoomscreen.jpg 400 400 Bernt Hillesland https://flcpa.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/red-negative.jpg Bernt Hillesland2020-03-24 11:05:072022-08-23 14:17:42On using zoom
On using zoom
We welcome you to join us online! We like the interactive aspects of the zoom platform. On Sundays at worship, pastors take turns serving as zoom host (from a small studio space), greeting participants after worship. There are slides with all lyrics, texts and art specially selected for that day. Audio and video of the readings, sermon and music come from the sanctuary.
Here are basic instructions for those new to zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting.
General guidelines for zoom worship
- Just click the red “enter zoom worship” button on the home page to join the Sunday meeting. Click the “enter zoom meetings” to join Thursday Bible Study.
- Please show the name you used when you registered, so we know who is on the meeting (important for security). Feel free to show or hide your video, as you prefer.
- Generally, we ask that you stay on “mute.” Of course, at the end, if you’d like you can join the conversation.
- If there’s more than one device tuned into the zoom meeting in the same room, it’s important to have one of the devices disconnected from audio. Otherwise, there will be loud feedback audible to everyone.
- Consider using headphones in order to hear better. Some headphones have a built in microphone which may make your voice easier to hear.
- It’s fine to tune into a meeting a few minutes early and hang around a few minutes afterwards. That way, you can see and catch up with others doing the same thing.
- The presider will be able to see and include prayer requests submitted on “chat.”
- Zoom participants are invited to meet with pastors later on in the day or week to receive communion.
- Let us know if you’re having trouble – friends at FLC would be happy to help get you going!
Here’s the instructions for using the phone to access Sunday worship meeting (thanks to Michael A):
1) Call this phone number (San Jose) : 1 (669) 900-6833
2) You will be prompted to enter the Meeting ID: 248 131 217
3) It will ask you to enter your participant ID, or press pound. Just press pound.
4) You will be added to the meeting and should hear the meeting audio.