In 1920, the Augustana Synod (then the Swedish branch of the Lutheran Church) established a congregation in Palo Alto, California, as a mission to Swedish immigrants living in the area. By 1925, the congregation was able to build a church and fellowship hall on the corner of Homer Avenue and Webster Street.
The names of the original members were all recognizably Swedish: Carlson, Johnson, Swanson, Trodson, Pearson. Now our congregation includes names from many different cultures: Haletky, Hariguchi, Barich, Leong and many more. We welcome people of all cultural and religious backgrounds, races, and gender orientations.